Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:27:38 +0200
From: Wermut <wermut@...il.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Call for locales maintainer & contributors

Hi

I don't like the idea of an entirely new tree of locale data written
from scratch. Glibc has one (with a lot of unmaintained data) and then
there is also the CLDR repository which aims to be the central source
for such data, maintained by unicode. The CLDR data is also used as a
basis for the Microsoft and Apple locale files and is often maintained
by national language experts. What I could offer is an effort to write
some magic code that imports the actual CLDR data and converts the
relevant information to the musl formatted ones. The CLDR data is
freely available from: http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads

Contribution is not completely open, but you normally interested
people get access if they want to. I got mine within a week.

This is only a suggestion open to discussion. What do you guys think about it?

Regards

Kevin