Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:04:05 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl firsts

Random fun list I thought we could compile for promotional material
(maybe use in future talks, website, etc.): features that musl had
before any of the competitors. A few to start it off, in roughly
chronological order:

- TCB shadow passwords
- Bcrypt in libc crypt
- Safe and working thread cancellation
- Correctly-rounded sqrt on 32-bit x86
- AS-safe and fail-safe dynamic TLS
- VSDO on 32-bit x86
- Link-local address scope ids in hosts file
- Using link-local addresses for nameservers in resolv.conf
- OpenRISC 1000 (or1k) port in upstream

I can think of a lot of smaller things too that are more like bugfixes
and probably not worth mentioning, like AS-safety of various functions
that are required to be AS-safe but that are broken in most libcs.
Additions to the list are welcome.