Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:53:59 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Weldon Goree <weldon@...gurwallah.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Packaging: Slackware

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 02:36:42PM +0530, Weldon Goree wrote:
> I'm asking on the Slackbuilds list, too, but just to cover all bases:
> anybody's toes going to get stepped on if I go forward with a slackbuild
> of musl and submit it? I don't intend to touch 1.1.X at all and only
> package the latest 1.0.X.
>
> (And, on that note, Rich, what's the support expectation lifetime for
> 1.0.X, if that's defined?)

There was a thread about the usefulness and lifetime of the 1.0.x
series about a month ago. The interest level was very low so my plan
based on that was to stick to only important bug fixes, and phase it
out within the next 4-6 months. But to do that, I'm looking for ways
to help distros/users integrate 1.1.x releases without being "forced
to upgrade" earlier than they want to in order to get bugfixes.

If you have thoughts on why you don't want to use 1.1.x, hearing those
would be helpful in further planning how to proceed with 1.0.x.