Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:47:46 +0200
From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@...too.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Is there a "right" way to deal with error.h inclusions?

On 29/06/14 14:34, Weldon Goree wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been dealing with unconditional inclusions of error.h in a pretty
> ad-hoc way in building different things against musl. Does anybody know
> of an autohell macro that could be reliably wrapped around error.h
> inclusions and its defined functions? (Alternately, any non-auto* based
> solution that's worked for people?)

Do you need to check for presence or presence of a symbol in the header?

For autotools AC_EGREP_CPP could work e.g.

AC_EGREP_CPP(error_h_test_succeeded, [
#include <error.h>
#ifdef SYMBOL
error_h_test_succeeded
#endif
])

WAF has a quite nifty check_statement() function.

check_statement('error.h',
	 '#ifndef SYMBOL'
	 '#error'
	 '#endif')

The Libav build system has a check_cpp_condition that works in the same way.

check_cpp_condition error.h "defined SYMBOL"

lu