Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 00:40:32 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Remaining roadmap targets for 1.1.3

Here are the not-yet-done primary targets from the roadmap:

- Resolver: IDN and result sorting.
- Overhaul of if_nameindex and getifaddrs.
- Merging fmtmsg. (I have reviewed it now though.)
- Merging ports. (Probably not going to happen in this cycle.)

And secondary ones:

- Promoting x32 and sh from experimental.
- Deduplicating header bits.
- Private futex.

And old items from the post-1.1.1 plans thread:
- max_align_t
- __xmknod and __sysv_signal patch (ABI compat)
- sysconf(_SC_LINE_MAX) issue
- errc-family functions
- error.h
- reallocarray
- explicit_bzero

If we want to keep with the time-based release cycle aiming for mid to
late June, I don't think we can do all of the above in time for 1.1.3.

In terms of importance, the things I most want to get done are the
resolver/network items. IDN is probably the least important among
them, and could easily be pushed back. This might make sense anyway
since the next release cycle is supposed to be focused on locale
related improvements.

I really want to do the bits header deduplication but I ran into some
snags. I might write up a separate email on this, or just discuss it
on IRC more.

Most other items will probably have to wait, but fmtmsg could still
make it in if Isaac follows up on my review between now and release.

Anything else I should look at including?