Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:15:42 +0300
From: Timo Teras <timo.teras@....fi>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: dalias@...c.org
Subject: Re: Post-1.1.1 plans

On Tue, 20 May 2014 18:33:25 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> A few things I want to work on either adding or making decisions
> about, aside from the existing roadmap items:
>
> - Stuff left in the "Open issues at end of April" thread:
>   - Renaming _start in dynamic linker (annoying for debugging)
>   - Resolving max_align_t issue and adding it
>   - Pending __xmknod and __sysv_signal patch (ABI compat)
>   - Pending fmtmsg patch (probably ok as-is)
>   - Adding recvmmsg/sendmmsg (waiting on Timo, I think)

I don't really have a good idea on how to do it nicely. Perhaps try to
fix kernel on 64-bits?

>   - The if_nameindex/getifaddrs issue
> - LINE_MAX vs sysconf(_SC_LINE_MAX) issue
> - Proposed errc/etc. addition to err.h
> - And error.h?
> - Whether to add default timezone from /etc?

We just default to ":localtime" if TZ is not defined:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/plain/main/musl/2001-default-to-localtime-timezone-if-TZ-is-undefined.patch

and we make /etc/zoneinfo/localtime a symlink to (or a copy of) the
wanted timezone. Works perfect.

> - reallocarray and explicit_bzero request
>
> There may be other open things I'm missing; let me know if you have a
> request that doesn't appear above.

Proper backtrace from core dumps of dynamic linked apps. At least to
get analyzing core dumps working. I think adding CFI is 90% of this.
But IIRC, gdb does not reliably detect mappings of shared objects. That
might need something additional.

thread_db support would be also nice, but that falls into gdbing
running processes.

- Timo