Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 00:32:14 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: strptime problems

It was raised somewhere (on IRC, I think) that strptime still has some
failure paths where functionality is unimplemented. These should have
been caught and fixed a long time ago, but they weren't, so I'd like
to get it done now. However I'm not clear on what the behavior of
strptime should be when reading "derived" fields that don't actually
correspond to anything in the "struct tm". Should it just parse and
ignore them, or should it somehow convert back? The week-based-year
stuff is probably the biggest question but there are others too.