Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:04:47 -0400
From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@...nsource.dyc.edu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New domain!

On 04/16/2014 11:52 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> - Information on standards, platform ABIs, etc.
>
> - Browsable 3p man pages.
>
> - Why ppl should care about libc, standards and interoperability, why
>    existence of multiple implementations of any important library is a
>    good thing, etc.

Bikeshedding time!

I would like to see the above three emphasized.  Your libc is only
slightly less important than your kernel, but this is certainly not the
case with chatter in the wild.  It would be nice to have a site which
spells out what libc is or should be.  And I would like to be able to
use the site to learn stuff.

I would not make libc.org = musl but use the above to justify/explain
musl for the same reason that kernel.org = linux kernel is pretentious.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology