Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 22:53:56 -0400
From: John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com>
To: musl <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: gettimeofday

Thanks for the patch! I rebuilt the musl libc, copied the lib to my old
linux box and Postgres is running well now.

=======================
 All 136 tests passed.
=======================

It's interesting that when I built Postgres on this same old Linux using
the native libc but it fails to run.

============== removing existing temp installation    ==============
============== creating temporary installation        ==============
============== initializing database system           ==============
============== starting postmaster                    ==============

pg_regress: postmaster did not respond within 60 seconds

Building with musl on a modern Linux works on an old Linux. But building
Postgres on the old Linux with the native libc gives me a broken Postgres.
That's why I'm interested in musl libc.

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM, John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com> wrote:

> I ran into trouble when I built Postgres using musl on a modern Linux and
> tried to run it on an old Linux. The problem seemed to
> involve gettimeofday() so I tried this sample program.

Content of type "text/html" skipped