Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 04:10:43 +0200
From: Jens Tröger <jens.troeger@...ht-speed.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Building musl 1.0.0 with LLVM/clang 3.4

Hi,

I needed the bitcode files for libc functions, so compiling musl with
clang was the ideal option.  I'm using off-the-shelf LLVM 3.4

However, I had to tweak the configure script in order run it.  In line
243 it sets some compiler options

  tryflag CFLAGS_C99FSE -nostdinc

which in turn prevents the "checking whether compiler's long double
definition matches float.h... no" from succeeding.  That is because the
<float.h> can't be found.  I found a few posts online which fixed
similar issues by removing this flag for clang.

Once configure ran through, I could generate bitcode files for almost
all of libc (minus the assembly files, of course).

There were warnings though, and I wonder: are they of interest?  Is
there intention to fix them?  Just asking because I'm very particular
about warnings, and I usually compile my code with

  -Wall -Wextra -pedantic

and then selectively quieten warnings.

Cheers,
Jens