Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 17:36:09 +0000
From: u-igbb@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: paths.h and similar constants, internal usage?

Hello Rich,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 01:19:46PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> paths.h is just there for making some bad legacy apps happy. It's not
> a system we want to use.
 [... skipping the more detailed clarification ...]

Ok, I see you want to keep it separate (and possibly even be able
to lie to the legacy applications when you find it fit).

> Anyway, if you have specific requirements you're trying to find a
> solution to, please let us know what you're doing. For any request
> like this, a strong motivation is needed.

This was not a request, but mostly an offer. I felt that explicit
synchronization of identical strings might help consistency.
Not like I need this for my own purposes.

As to the contrary you want to keep these parts as far apart from each
other as possible, there is of course no sense in pursuing a non-goal. :)

Rune