Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:50:02 +0000
From: u-igbb@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: be able to break inheritance of LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hello Daniel,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:34:29PM +0100, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
> > +                           !memcmp(argv[i], "FORGET_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=", 23))

> I don't understand why you expect that users wants this functionality.

In my job as a system administrator I routinely get reports of breakage
because of third party software packages which [have/choose to] use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH - it ends up being applied to the child processes which
happen to be incompatible with the given libraries. The effects may
be either spectacular or subtle, the latter being more dangerous.

Rune