Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:33:48 -0400
From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@...nsource.dyc.edu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: i686 with -fPIE and -fstack-protector-all

On 03/22/2014 09:06 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Anthony G. Basile <basile@...nsource.dyc.edu> [2014-03-22 08:53:07 -0400]:
>> I've hit a bug with 1.0.0 on i686.  When building with
>> -fstack-protector-all and -fPIE, I get an undefined reference to
>> `__stack_chk_fail_local'.  I do not get this on x86_64:
>>

> may be this gcc bug should be in the faq

> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/musl/__stack_chk_fail_local.c

Thanks it.  I was going to adopt a patch like alpines but hesitated in
csae I was missing something.

Aside: it looks like alpine is hitting a lot of the same issues i am
with gentoo+musl and adopting similar approaches, like getent and ldconfig.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology