Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 03:50:46 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl + jslinux

Small announcement before the big release: with much thanks to Fabrice
Bellard (of ffmpeg, tcc, and qemu fame) for jslinux, we now have a
live in-browser demo of musl at:

http://www.musl-libc.org/jslinux/

It's rather slow, but it's quite cool to see a working compiler
toolchain and mini development environment in a 16 MB filesystem
image.

If anyone's up for helping improve the demo, I'm interested in trying
to convert it over to using initrd/initramfs instead of the emulated
ide disk (which seems to be really slow) and reducing the size. I
think some key steps would be:

- Using dynamic-linked binutils with shared libbfd.
- Stripping down busybox to just what's needed.
- Compiling all binaries with -Os and shared libc.