Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 23:20:18 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: stat.h

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 06:15:01AM +0200, Paul Schutte wrote:
> Thanks and I agree with padsp being messy.
>
> My question really boils down to
> Should 'struct stat64' be used from within a program and if so, which
> header file should I include ?

If you want "struct stat64", make sure _GNU_SOURCE or
_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE is defined before including any system headers
(best way is with -D_GNU_SOURCE etc. in your CFLAGS) and include
sys/stat.h. However, it would be better to just use "struct stat",
etc. (With glibc, you need -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 in your CFLAGS to
make this work right; with musl it always works.)