Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 20:53:38 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Freeze in preparation for musl 1.0.0

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we have met the source-level feature
goals for musl 1.0.0, and are going into a freeze pending release. As
of yesterday, we now have proper support for soft-float ABI on mips
(this is important for compatibility with some existing OpenWRT
kernels where the usual fpu emulation was removed from the kernel) and
two new ports: SuperH and x32 (ILP32 ABI for x86_64). There have also
been a lot of small fixes and improvements, for a total of 70 commits
since 0.9.15.

My hope is that we can finish up the remaining non-source-level agenda
items (mainly documentation and release announcements and publicity)
within about 10 days and then issue the release. Between now and then
would be a great time to try out latest git and report any issues,
especially bugs or build regressions against previous versions. There
is still plenty of opportunity for non-invasive bug fixes during the
freeze.

Cheers,