Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:31:56 +0100
From: Martin Lucina <martin@...ina.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: LMDB test failures under musl on mips

nsz@...t70.net said:
> * Martin Lucina <martin@...ina.net> [2014-02-13 21:50:40 +0100]:
> > You can reproduce the problem fairly easily by building the mtest* programs
> > that come with LMDB. Running mtest a few times (after creating ./testdb)
> > reliably gives either a segfault or various assertion failures in LMDB.
>
> ok i could reproduce it
> i got the following assertion failure:
>
> mdb.c:2001: Assertion 'mp->mp_pgno != pgno' failed in mdb_page_touch()
>
> (it's on real hw without debugger, but i have strace now)

That's what I get, and also these:

mdb.c:5176: Assertion 'IS_LEAF(mp)' failed in mdb_cursor_next()

or

mdb.c:1713: Assertion 'rc == 0' failed in mdb_page_dirty()

etc.

mtest is somewhat fickle, it uses random() to decide exactly what it's
doing. I have a hunch that I can provoke this with a simpler test program,
going to try that now.

Do you still want those strace logs from me?

Both of the targets (ASUS RT-N66u running Tomato, TP-Link TL-WDR4300
running OpenWRT trunk) I tried have 4k page size, so nothing out of the
ordinary there.

One thing I'd like to try is building against the normal OpenWRT/uClibc
toolchain (or even a plain glibc one) to see if anything changes.
Unfortunately the snapshot binaries they provide require at least glibc
2.14 which I don't have on my machines running Debian stable. I tried
using a toolchain built from source using the OpenWRT buildroot but get
random link errors :-/

Martin