Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 18:39:32 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Out-of-tree builds

> however, then I switch to an empty directory and run this:
>
> ../musl/configure --disable-shared
>
> I get:
>
> using compiler runtime libraries: -lgcc -lgcc_eh
> checking whether compiler's long double definition matches float.h... no
> ../musl/configure: error: unsupported long double type
>
> Are out-of-tree builds generally not supported, or am I doing something
> wrong?

not supported (yet)

it probably wouldn't be hard to add though

(eg the paths in the makefile can be prefixed with the build path
and the generated config.mak can set that prefix up, but i'm not
sure what's the best way to detect the path and there might be
issues around the generated alltypes.h and include/bits)