Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:41:42 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: dlopen'ing glibc linked libraries

* Justin Cormack <justin@...cialbusservice.com> [2014-01-24 10:07:47 +0000]:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:
> > - binaries compiled without _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 are not
> > compatible with musl on i386 (on my debian stable system
> > there are more than 200 binaries and libraries which use
> > readdir, __[fl]xstat instead of readdir64, __[fl]xstat64)
> > (this is probably the biggest obstacle for compatibility)
>
> It might be worth filing bugs for all these and see if we can get them
> fixed. Will take a look.

the default toolchain on i386 does not use _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

i guess debian builds packages with that

i don't know if changing the default can break things
(i assume the debian developers had a reason not changing it)

here is a list of packages affected on my system
(most of these are probably harmless in practice: they only use
stat to see if a file is there or only work with tiny files)

acpi
android-tools-adb
android-tools-fastboot
aptitude