Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 20:35:50 -0600
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: libgcc --disable-shared test case

On 01/11/14 17:55, John Spencer wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
>> The way to fix it is to find the conditional logic in the gcc build
>> system (I forget whether it's in configure, the Makefiles, or the
>> headers) that disables use of the visibility attribute when
>> --disable-shared is passed, and simply dummy it out so that visibility
>> is always used. At one point we discussed on IRC how this could be
>> fixed at the GCC level, so I could probably dig something out of IRC
>> logs if you want.
>
> that would be
> https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/blob/36661440192e2ec51531ea81c7866578010f3283/KEEP/gcc-454-libgcc_hidden.patch

In 4.2 there is no libgcc/Makefile.in, instead there's a mklibgcc.in
generating the file. Given that it's generating a value and assigning it
to vis_hide a few lines earlier, I have no idea if the suggested fix
(trying to pass through a value from autoconf?) is relevant to this
version of the code.

The real problem is I have no way to reproduce the failure yet. The
comment that it occurs building musl for mips seems useful, I'll try
that. But it's kinda hard to fix a failure I've never seen fail...

Rob