Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:23:37 +0000
From: Justin Cormack <justin@...cialbusservice.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: optional compat?

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:11:45PM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:
>> The include files sys/errno.h and sys/signal.h, to work around broken
>> code are a bit inconsistent, one has a #warning and the other doesnt.
>> I would actually rather that they were only installed if requested, as
>> (in an unusual situation) they are actually causing me issues. It
>> would seem nicer to have a make installbroken as well...
>
> Could you elaborate on how they're causing a problem? It's preferred
> to avoid creating multiple configuration variants which would then
> need to have their own application compatibility studies...

I worked out what the issue was - the #warning breaks the make depend
step as it can't parse the output. So removing the warning fixes it,
and so does removing the file as the dependency seems to be bogus
anyway. Will still try to fix it upstream, but coming round to the
view that if we have these files they shouldn't have #warnings in.

Justin