Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 22:42:01 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mistake in powerpc clone.s?

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 09:13:59PM -0600, James Gregurich wrote:

> When I debug my app in gdb, I consistently get “Backtrace stopped:
> previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)” at the lower
> end of the backtrace. I set break points at each function in the
> back trace and that message persists up to the __clone() invocation.
> until that line that I pointed out, the backtrace is normal. Once
> that instruction is executed, the backtrace is permanently broken
> for that thread.

In the backtrace for a thread other than the main thread, it's normal
and expected for the backtrace to end at __clone; it's where the
thread started. The "corrupt stack" message is unwanted (musl should
be arranging for the frame pointer to be zero so that debuggers
recognize that there's nothing else on the stack, and maybe this needs
fixing) but I don't think it's necessarily indicative of any bug.