Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:55:17 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Pending patches/issues before 0.9.15 release?

* Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> [2013-11-21 11:39:11 -0500]:
> I'm not familiar with the "right/" timezones and they're difficult to
> google for -- please give me a reference for what they are, if you
> can. However, musl only uses zoneinfo for timezone/daylight-time
> purposes, not for any sort of adjustment between POSIX/calendar time
> and UTC(w/leap-seconds) and/or TAI. Perhaps this is the source of the
> discrepency.

yes it seems that's the difference, from the tzcode makefile:

# If you always want time values interpreted as "seconds since the epoch
# (not counting leap seconds)", use
#       REDO=           posix_only
# below.  If you always want right time values interpreted as "seconds since
# the epoch" (counting leap seconds)", use
#       REDO=           right_only
# below.  If you want both sets of data available, with leap seconds not
# counted normally, use
#       REDO=           posix_right
# below.  If you want both sets of data available, with leap seconds counted
# normally, use
#       REDO=           right_posix
# below.
# POSIX mandates that leap seconds not be counted; for compatibility with it,
# use either "posix_only" or "posix_right".

REDO=           posix_right