Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:20:27 +0000
From: Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Trying to compile libselinux against musl

Hi,

I'm exploring building my own linux - a bit like LFS - to get a handle on a
few things. I really like musl - it's very clean code - and musl-cross is a
great bit of work. Without it, I'd never have got started.

I'm trying to compile libselinux, to statically link it into busybox. I've
built patchelf, pcre and libsepol statically (admittedly with a few
judicious seds of makefiles), but this one's stumped me.

There's two issues:-

src/booleans.c wants to use the macro _D_ALLOC_NAMLEN - which seems to be a
glibc-ism in dirent.h. It may be possible to hack in their macro definition
to overcome this;
src/proccattr.c tries to use __register_atfork, which is in the LSB but I
suspect is a glibc-ism.

I'm stuck on the latter - I'm not deep into this stuff. Does anyone have
any ideas how to patch / hack / bypass this to get things compiled? Are
there any other workarounds (apart from not using libselinux or musl)?

Raph

Content of type "text/html" skipped