Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:27:58 +0600
From: agent <agentprog@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ELLCC has self hosted.

21.10.2013 03:05, Rob Landley пишет:
> I'd cc: the relevant parties but this mailing list is misconfigured
> with the broken reply-to: tag so I'd have to dig through the
> backscroll to find out who they are. Oh well.
>
> On 10/20/2013 11:49:59 AM, agent wrote:
>> 19.10.2013 05:02, Richard Pennington ?????:
>>> The clang/LLVM based ELLCC project (http://ellcc.org), after having
>>> reached a huge milestone (http://ellcc.org/blog/?p=231) has now
>>> successfully compiled itself.
>>>
>>> The steps were:
>>> 1. Use gcc to build the compiler with Linux standard libraries.
>>> 2. Use ecc to build itself with libc++, libc++ABI, libunwind, musl,
>>> and compiler-rt
>>> 3. Use the newly built compiler to build itself again.
>>>
>>> That is very cool.
>>>
>>> -Rich
>>>

>> I understand my question is rather stupid, but what is the most
>> preferable way to
>> use ecc as a compiler to build itself? Even if I set cc and cxx
>> variables in the
>> root configure script, it still builds everything with gcc. Is
>> setting CC and CXX
>> environment variables sufficient?
>>
>> Dmitry
>
> My question is even dumber: why does the ellcc.org download page say
> the last release was a year ago?
>
> Rob

There are only binaries on a download page and I don't believe binary
downloads pages any more, so I checked out from SVN repository. I
confirm it is able to compile C and C++ code and link it statically with
musl libc and clang libc++, but I have this trouble with using it to
recompile itself. It compiles about 2 hours on my box so it is quite
hard to experiment with environment variables just to find out it was
still built with GCC.

Dmitry