Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:07:34 +0100
From: Christian Wiese <chris@...nsde.net>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: linux/netlink.h

Hi John,

> imo a good alternative to downloading the full kernel sources to compile

> the headers.
> an additional advantage is that kernel headers are often broken,
> the version used by sabotage is known good.

I am curious about what you mean by "kernel headers are often broken".

I am also building custom linux based systems, and I have no problems
using
the corresponding kernel headers for the kernel version I am building.

It would be interesting for me to know what brokeness you experienced in
the
kernel headers.

I already checked the documentation provided by the cross-lfs project, and
it
seems that they do not seem to have issues using the corresponding kernel
headers for the kernel version they use.

Cheers,
Chris