Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:10:24 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Squirrel - no-bloat scripting language with sane syntax
 and semantics

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 05:00:06PM -0300, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
> El Sun, 25 Aug 2013 04:34:33 -0500
> Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net> escribió:
> > On 08/23/2013 04:11:18 PM, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I apologize if this message can be considered off-topic. However, my
> > > reading thru mailing list archive showed that there's favorable
> > > attitude to generic no-bloat stuff, so I hope this message may be of
> > > interest to some readers.
> >
> > We have a list of random packages in the musl wiki, but I stopped
> > paying attention to it when people started adding GNU projects to it.
> > I don't understand what it's for at that point.
>
> I see only one GNU project which I've added, GNU moe - an alternative
> text editor for GNU nano, Joe, and perhaps others. Is this a problem?.

I don't want any software to be considered "a problem" to be on this
list for purely politicial reasons. If there's anything on the list
that's just technically awful (gaping security holes, UB all over the
place, otherwise a source of major bugs...) then I think it should be
removed outright. Otherwise, if anyone thinks something is a bad fit
for the list, please raise the issue in a civil manner, without
attacking the person who added it, for the community to discuss.

I also think the wiki should just be fixed up to clarify that these
are not "recommendations", just things individual community members
found useful.