Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:33:36 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Progress on roadmap to 0.9.13

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 11:39:43PM +0800, orc wrote:
> I generally don't like the idea of symlink change, but if it will go, I
> will not argue. But, how existing installs will resolve that change
> in one pass during install? Do I need static busybox to manually
> replace symlink?

No, replacing the direction or even changing it back to how it is now
should be safe as long as the actual-file is installed first and the
link is installed after that. The current rules should provide that
behavior. However I believe the atomicity of installing the actual
file is still broken right now: it seems the old file is being
overwritten rather than replaced. I'll check that and fix it if it's
still the case.