Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 03:35:13 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl 0.9.12 released

I'm pleased to announce musl 0.9.12, just barely on-schedule:

    Notable new features include zoneinfo timezone support, PIE
    support on all supported targets, simple heap-based buffer
    overflow detection in free/realloc, and mildly improved IPv6
    support. Various dynamic linker improvements have been made for
    arch variants and non-root installations. The C++ ABI is now
    stabilized and compatible with glibc's C++ ABI. Several major bugs
    have been fixed including a potentially-dangerous regression in
    scanf introduced in 0.9.11 that could pass invalid pointers to
    free, a flaw in dl_iterate_phdr's reporting of library headers
    that could crash C++ exception-handling, and longstanding integer
    overflows in time conversion code that produced incorrect results
    for certain pre-1935 dates. Other minor bugs have also been fixed.

    http://www.etalabs.net/musl/releases/musl-0.9.12.tar.gz
    http://www.musl-libc.org/releases/musl-0.9.12.tar.gz

Rather than the usual future-directions here, I'll follow up on the
roadmap thread/wiki.