Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:58:30 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: embedded newbies site.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 08:07:31AM -0400, LM wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Strake <strake888@...il.com> wrote:
>
> > > - efficient (elegant) programming
> > >    - Why C and scritpting languages, why NOT C++ and autoconf
> > >    - tradeoffs
> > >      - code reuse
> > >      - transaction granularity
> > >      - taking advantage of SMP without going crazy
> >
> > I would be glad to help here.
> >
> > May find some ideas here:
> > http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/
> >

> I hope I didn't open up a can of worms with my last question on PCRE

Not at all.

> library versus other regex libraries, but I think it at least lead to some
> useful information for the wiki about musl's regex implementation and an
> interesting point about NetBSD using TRE and a possibility of sharing bug
> fixes with that project.

Actually, the last time I spoke with the author, he informed me he did
not have time to work on it himself, but would appreciate bug fix
patches for upstream. I also had more pressing things to work on, but
I think getting the fixes back to him would be worthwhile. Perhaps
someone else could look at the git log for the bug fixes in musl and
figure out how to do the same upstream; it's not 100% trivial since
musl's version of TRE has been stripped down and simplified quite a
bit.