Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:34:25 -0400
From: Kurt H Maier <khm-lists@...ma.in>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: OIN Notice - Definition Update
 [license@...ninventionnetwork.com]

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 07:56:21AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:

> Why are we looking at this? They OIN would be quite happy to have musl
> into the list and hopefully provide patent cover in case somebody claims
> some part musl are patented.

I'm sure they would.  I'd rather see musl never have anything to do with
any patent-based organization at all, much less take sides with some
ridiculous corporate arms race.  Especially as I can't find any actual
evidence that this company has *done* anything.

I think using pkgsrc is a great option, which Gregor has already been
doing.  It's pretty obvious the OIN list is not vetted or paid attention
to; they just want as many linuxy words as possible so they can make
noises at the watering hole.

khm