Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:15:39 +0800
From: orc <orc@...server.ru>
To: musl list <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Iconv and old codepages

Hi,

How many codepages does in-musl iconv supports?
Currently I'm trying converting from "utf8" to "cp1251" and iconv()
only gives me a number of "*"'s matching the utf8 input. Is this
correct behavior and iconv() currently does not support non-UTF legacy
codepages? Even so, I still see many of them in src/locale/codepages.h
The (dirty) test program attached.

I also noticed alternative libs thread and corresponding wiki page.
Does someone know lightweight iconv replacement as a temporary measure
(other than libiconv for example)?

Regards.
Download attachment "ticonv.c" of type "application/octet-stream" (384 bytes)