Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:33:16 +1200
From: Andre Renaud <andre@...ewatersys.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Thinking about release

Hi Rich,

> Most of the other major items left on the agenda since the last
> release are probably not going to happen right away unless there's a
> volunteer to do them (zoneinfo, cpuset/affinity, string functions
> cleanup, C++ ABI matching, ARM-optimized memcpy) and one, the ld.so
> symlink direction issue, still requires some serious discussion and
> decision-making.

Regarding the ARM-optimisations - I am happy to have a go at providing
a cleaned up implementation, although I can't recall what the final
consensus was on how this should be implemented. A simple ARMv4
implementation would cover all the bases, providing near universal
support, although would obviously not support the more modern
platforms. Is there any intention to move the base level support up to
ARMv5? I would consider that reasonable, given the age of ARMv4.
Alternatively, should we have multiple implementations
(ARMv4/ARMv5/ARMv7), and choose between them either at compile or
run-time?

Obviously this stuff is probably not destined for the immediate
release, but more likely for the one after that.

Regards,
Andre