Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 09:05:10 -0400
From: LM <lmemsm@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: new wiki page (was Re: High-priority library replacements?)

Thanks to Jeremy for getting me access to the wiki.  I now have a
first draft of the various resources and links we discussed in the
high-priority library replacements thread.  I am still missing some
links I wanted to add (but didn't manage to find when going through my
e-mails).  So, if you have other links or recommendations, e-mail me
(directly if you don't want to send too much to the list) and I'll add
them in as I have time.

Would it help to have some license information along with the links or
is it okay to have users check the projects for their licenses?  I did
add some information on performance/benchmarks for some
libraries/programs when I could find it.  If you find other
performance results that are useful, e-mail me.  If anyone's got other
suggestions for what would be helpful for the page, please let me
know.

I haven't been following the ssl topic that closely, so do we have any
recommendations on which libraries may be better based on the
discussions?  Also, I know lynx has issues with ssl libraries and
licenses.  Maybe if we come up with a solution that's useable with
musl, we could contact the lynx developers and see if they want to
share efforts on the project (possibly putting together some type of
wrapper or API that would work with other Open Source projects already
out there).

The new wiki page is at http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/Alternative_libraries
I added a link to it from the main page of the wiki as well.

Sincerely,
Laura