Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 15:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brad Conroy <technosaurus@...oo.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: High-priority library replacements?

IIRC, Axtls was <100kb and has an openSSL API and has a stunnel (axtlswrap) and httpd with ssl (axhttpd) that are <100kb static builds

> > OpeSSL-fips vs CyaSSL (musl)
> >
> > # ls -lh /var/tmp/ports/cyassl/image/usr/lib/
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root
>    root       866.9k
> May  9 09:13 libcyassl.a
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 root
>    root       659.6k
> May  9 09:13 libcyassl.so.5.0.0
> >
> > # ls -lh /usr/local/ssl/fips-2.0/lib/
> > -r--r--r--    1 root
>    root       685.7k
> May  9 12:34 fipscanister.o

In case I don't get around to fully researching it, the kernel spews out major and minor numbers in /sys that are greater than 255, so the makedev in /sys/sysmacros.h is insufficient (also major() and minor()???)  I noticed because I wrote a shell script that populates /dev from /sys in <0.2 seconds but failed for large major/minor numbers when I built busybox with musl.  At first glance, it looks like dev_t needs to be uint and have the extra bits from major and minor prepended as in the kernel's dev_t?

R,
Brad Conroy