Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:52:05 -0400
From: LM <lmemsm@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: High-priority library replacements?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Muhammad Sumyandityo Noor <
lynxluna@...il.com> wrote:

> You meant replacement for Mesa? Because TinyGL is software renderer. It's
> unlikely people will utilize software renderer. As for embedded system,
> each SoCs provides their own userland to utilize its hardware accelerator.
>
> TinyGL and the other two libraries mentioned can be used as a replacement
for Mesa.  Typically, Windows developers will work with the Windows
implementation of OpenGL not Mesa and TinyGL can be used as a replacement
for that as well.  I'm not saying these libraries provide hardware
acceleration like OpenGL.  They just try to provide the major parts of the
API.  Syllable Desktop does not have access to working OpenGL or Mesa
libraries, so they've been using these to at least allow some programs
written for the OpenGL API to port, render and run on their operating
system.

Content of type "text/html" skipped