Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:24:38 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Best place to discuss other lightweight libraries?

On 04/21/2013 11:30:54 AM, LM wrote:
> Musl does a great job of replacing glibc.  It's lightweight,
> well-designed and written with friendly licensing.  However, I'm
> noticing there are a lot of other standard libraries and tools on a
> typical system and often many of them are bloated or not so well
> designed.  I've been looking for a good forum to discuss using
> alternative libraries and tools.

Another place to ask would be:

Which is the mailing list for the elinux.org wiki. It used to be Tim
Bird's Consumer Electronic Linux Forum project, but unfortunately the
Linux Foundation gobbled up CELF and turned it into The Linux
Foundation Embedded Linux Conference By The Linux Foundation, and again
discussion on the list tailed off.

It does have the advantage that it's got developers for actual
electronics manufacturers (mostly japanese) subscribed to it...

Once upon a time busybox.net was collecting some of these:

   http://busybox.net/tinyutils.html

But that largely seems to have rolled to a stop since I handed it off...

The group of guys on #edev on freenode are quite knowledgeable about
hardware stuff...

Rob