Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:30:54 -0400
From: LM <lmemsm@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Best place to discuss other lightweight libraries?

Musl does a great job of replacing glibc.  It's lightweight,
well-designed and written with friendly licensing.  However, I'm
noticing there are a lot of other standard libraries and tools on a
typical system and often many of them are bloated or not so well
designed.  I've been looking for a good forum to discuss using
alternative libraries and tools.  I've checked out projects like
Beyond Linux from Scratch and suckless.org/Plan 9 and several other
options.  I've even checked out some embedded systems mailing
lists/forums.  Have yet to find a good forum to discuss topics like
these with interested developers.  Does anyone know of a mailing list,
forum, etc. where one could discuss such topics.  If so, please let me
know.  If not, and if anyone on the list is interested in discussing
this sort of thing further, please e-mail me.  At the moment, I'm
investigating finding a less bloated alternative to libintl.  Did
notice gettext-tiny as part of Sabotage.  I've also run across 3 other
options and am looking at pros and cons of the implementations.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Laura