Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 02:04:26 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl 0.9.10 released

Hi all,

After a busy week of other work, I'm happy to announce the
much-awaited release of musl 0.9.10, which features:

    Further significant compatibility improvements, especially with
    garbage collectors. UTF-8 decoding performance had greatly
    increased, and misaligned memory access bugs affecting UTF-8
    decoding on some archs have been fixed. Improved handling of
    caller-provided thread stacks. Many bugs fixed, including
    potentially dangerous bugs in syslog and in the failure path of
    pthread_create, and a regression in the ARM crt code that caused
    shared libraries other than libc.so to crash on loading.

    http://www.musl-libc.org/releases/musl-0.9.10.tar.gz

There are a few things left on the agenda from before this release
that I'd like to follow up with as part of the next release cycle:

- ARM-optimized memcpy, etc.
- Adjusting ld.so/libc.so symlink direction
- Zoneinfo
- inet_makeaddr
- scanf conformance issues and %m modifier
- cpuset/affinity
- ether.h functions
- String function cleanup (Nathan McSween)
- Making C++ ABI match glibc/LSB (name mangling issues) if this is
  feasible; first research what's still needed.

Hopefully the next release won't take nearly as long as this one did.
I'd like to get back on a schedule of 1-2 releases per month and aim
for a 1.0 release sometime before mid summer. I also have some fun
ideas in mind for post-1.0, if I can manage to focus on the
more-boring list above until then...