Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:24:10 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: vfprintf.c:(.text+0xc6c): undefined reference to `__signbitl'

On 04/09/2013 10:15 PM, meres5@...ha.tmit.bme.hu wrote:

>> the correct thing to do is to build a toolchain with 64bit
>> long double
> I won't touch the Debian tool chain. . .
> We are on PPC and not cross compiling for PSP3 :-)

nobody says that you should mess with your debian toolchain.

but you should build a properly configured, musl-agnostic toolchain so
that the binaries you produce don't work by luck only.
(using a different prefix so everything is safely kept away from your
debian TC)

as a reference you can either look at the musl-cross project (you can
probably even compile that straight on ppc without changes)
or use the sabotage build scripts. see the musl wiki for links to these
projects.

even better, you could just get the sabotage powerpc rootfs, extract it
into a temporary directory and use the included native gcc 4.5.4 (it's
in /opt/gcc4 inside the rootfs).
http://mirror.wzff.de/sabotage/sabotage-0.9.8-powerpc-rootfs.tar.xz ->
150 MB
be sure to unpack inside a newly created temp dir.

> Bad news:
>   - Someone had better to have a look at those conditionals in
>     __signbitl.c and __fpclassifyl.c

no, we do not intend to support broken configurations that produce
broken code.