Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:21:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: R P Herrold <herrold@...river.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Will musl work as a lsb alternative? (was Re: re:  musl setup
 attempt)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Rich Felker wrote:

> Could you elaborate on what you mean by "sticking with LSB"? LSB is a
> specification for ABI, filesystem layout, etc. -- basically, what apps
> can expect from a "Linux system" -- not really a tool in itself.

Actually, (putting on my LSB hat, being a participant in the
weekly call for many years) the LSB also ships a tool kit to
verify that needed interfaces are exposed and so forth.  It
has sample LSB conformant applications that are build as part
of the test harness process

It can be grafted into a buildbot, and deviations from
conformance readily identified
 	http://www.linuxbase.org/buildbot/builders/

Joining the LSB working group is as easy as joining the call
and participating.  I have a monthly post with more details in
our minutes.  For more info see the bottom of the email at:
 	http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2013-February/007560.html

which lists many of those ways to participate

-- Russ herrold