Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 08:01:57 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Richard Pennington <rich@...nware.com>
Subject: Re: repeated definitions in /arch/mips/bits/syscall.h

On 03/17/2013 05:57 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:26:13AM -0400, Zvi Gilboa wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> It looks like the above file contains multiple identical definitions
>> of the same constant.  For instance, __NR_fallocate is defined three
>> times as 4320, specifically in lines 320, 321, and 344.  Is there a
>> reason behind that?  Using gcc this seems to be harmless, but
>> still...
> Yes, something looks amiss. I wonder if it was a result of flawed
> search-and-replace or other automated operations. I can look into it.
> Anybody else know?

according to git log, it dates back to the first check-in of rdp's sources.
there's an entire block of ~15 duplicated syscalls, starting with the
fallocate one.
(it's also replicated down there in the SYS_ section).
cc'ing rdp, maybe he knows...

in any case, that block can be safely removed in both sections.