Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:24:40 +0100
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: shadow.h

2013/2/27 Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>:

> /etc/shadow requires priviledge escalation for password changes
> so putspent is dangerous, pam_unix should be deprecated on
> modern systems
>
> http://www.openwall.com/tcb/
>
> (i think this already came up a few times, maybe it should be in a faq..)

owl's tcb and musl? It's harder than it seems.

1) __crypt_blowfish() in musl isn't compatible with
__crypt_blowfish_rn().. so lack of support for owl's
__crypt_gensalt_ra() and crypt_ra/rn() etc. (owl's salt and tcb
prefixes):

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/tcb/tcb/pam_tcb/support.c?rev=1.12.2.1;content-type=text%2Fplain

2) nss/rpc/yp - but can be easily removed from the owl's tcb.

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/tcb/tcb/libs/nss.c?rev=1.4;content-type=text%2Fplain
http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/tcb/tcb/pam_tcb/yppasswd_xdr.c?rev=1.2;content-type=text%2Fplain

3) owl's shadow+tcb requires pam_userpass which requires libpamc (pam
client) from Linux-PAM... but it also can be removed. etc... etc.
(pam_chpw.c):

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/shadow-utils/shadow-4.0.4.1-owl-tcb.diff?rev=1.5;content-type=text%2Fplain

Currently I'm trying to use OpenPAM with musl, but going to use the
owl's tcb (without nss).

btw. openpam-modules:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/openpam-modules.git;a=tree;h=821a37ad1a2a084c13ac7c0086bd6d1e737b78c4;hb=821a37ad1a2a084c13ac7c0086bd6d1e737b78c4

Best regards,