Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 02:10:53 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl 0.9.9 released

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of musl 0.9.9. In some ways it's
less of a "big release" than I wanted while in other ways it's more.
The biggest aspect of this release which isn't reflected in the blurb
below is the record number of commits by persons other than myself,
particularly nsz and John Spencer. I didn't realize how much was going
to be new in this release until I sat down to write the change log and
looked back at how much they'd done. Thanks!

I know we also have some pending patches from other contributors that
didn't make it into this release, and some work of my own that's not
ready to commit yet. I'm looking forward to taking care of these after
the release, now that we have a bit more freedom to make bigger
changes without worrying about breaking an impending release.

With that said, musl 0.9.9 features:

    Major compatibility improvements, including Linux-specific
    features, GNU extension functions, grsec kernel quirks
    compatibility, and workarounds for subtle but dangerous
    portability errors in some programs. Size, performance, and
    correctness improvements to the math library. Numerous low-impact
    bugs fixed.

    http://www.musl-libc.org/releases/musl-0.9.9.tar.gz

There's a bunch of post-release agenda spread across several other
threads on the mailing list which I won't try to summarize at the
moment; let's just say there's lots of good stuff left to be done on
musl in the next few release cycles leading towards a 1.0...

Cheers,