Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:03:18 +1300
From: Andre Renaud <andre@...ewatersys.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Using musl in a cross-compiling environment

Hi,
We're investigating moving some of our future projects over to using
musl. All of our development is done in a cross-compiling environment
(hosted on x86_64, targeting various ARM platforms). We've done some
preliminary testing, and it has all gone well. However when we come to
start cross compiling third party packages, we generally run into
various minor issues. Mostly it is around getting configure to work
properly, pick up the correct compiler, and pass through the
appropriate flags. How do you guys normally cope with this? I know of
the musl-gcc command, but unfortunately when you're cross compiling
you generally need to have all of your commands with a similar prefix
(ie: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc, arm-none-linux-gnueabi-strip etc...)
I thought of creating a bin directory with a bunch of scripts, which
have the same name as the original commands, and simply put the
'-spec' line in there, similar to musl-gcc.

Does anyone have any comments on how this is best achieved?

Regards,
Andre