Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:40:09 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SoX & pipe rewinding

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 05:35:52PM +0400, ojab wrote:
> Hi list,
> SoX use some kind of hackery for pipe rewinding (see the attached
> file). So I have two questions:
> 1. If something like that possible using musl?
> 2. Is there any musl specific #define?

I don't believe so. Not only does this hack depend on knowing the
internals of FILE (which are intentionally opaque on musl); it also
depends on the assumption that the data is still present in the buffer
after it's consumed, which is invalid in general.

No idea why programmers insist on doing stuff like this rather than
fixing their design issues...