Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:58:10 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: spandsp testsuite, feenableexcept() is missing

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 06:30:28PM +0400, ojab wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> spandsp testsuite build fails with
> > /root/spandsp/tests/v17_tests.c:311: undefined reference to `feenableexcept'
>
> AFAIU all functions from fenv.h are not implemented. Is there plans
> to implement them before 1.0/at all?

fenv.h is implemented. The issue is that feenableexcept is not part of
the standard for fenv.h; it's an extension added by glibc for turning
on trapping exceptions. This usage is non-portable (as far as I know,
many machines don't support trapping exceptions) and I've never seen a
program actually making use of them. It looks like spandsp is just
using this function in its test suite, probably to test some
exception-relted behavior. I think this should be fixed upstream,
since it won't work on other non-GNU systems either.