Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:04:56 -0600
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Summary of 1.0 marketing plan/scheme/nefarious plot from
 IRC.

On 11/29/2012 07:30:08 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 09:15:38PM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:
> > Also conferences. FOSDEM is in Feb and is a good place talks still
> > open.
>
> I'd welcome help putting together a list of possible conferences to go
> to. I don't have a budget for international conference travel, but if
> there are some in the US coming up soon, I could pursue them. For
> FOSDEM or others, I'd also consider working with somebody else close
> with the project to put together a talk. And of course if anybody has
> leads on somebody willing to fund my travel to FOSDEM or other
> international conferences, that's even better. :-)

Some conferences have travel budgets for speakers.

And https://www.linuxfoundation.org/programs/developer/travel/request
might still be active. (They're big and clueless, but they have money.)

By the way: recording your own talks is nice too. You can do little 2
minute segments with your phone and/or