Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:46:26 +0100
From: Florian Fainelli <florian@...nwrt.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>,
 openwrt-devel@...ts.openwrt.org
Subject: Re: Support for musl libc in OpenWrt

Le samedi 24 novembre 2012 07:15:33, Isaac Dunham a écrit :
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 21:10:33 +0100
>
> Florian Fainelli <florian@...nwrt.org> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Support for musl libc in OpenWrt has been added in revision r34314,
>
> Glad to hear it!
>
> > Note that the following issues are known:
> >
> > - unable to complete libstdc++ build due to some missing declarations
> > (WIP)
>
> Are you using the default "linux-gnu" libstdc++, or the "generic" target?
> Only the latter is known to work at this point.

It is the linux-gnu libstdc++, we do not support building the "generic" one
yet, might be worth supporting it now.

> > - MIPS and MIPSel ports are not functionnal (details below)
> >
> > --
> > MIPS and MIPSel specific issues:
> >
> > using qemu's binary emulation (qemu-mips[el]) against a statically
> > linked binary works, a dynamic binary makes my host qemu segv. Using
> > qemu-system-mips[el], the binary segfaults while being executed by the
> > kernel. So far I have not had the time to debug this further.
>
> There are likely other issues, but are you using a hardfloat-compatible
> kernel (FPU emulation enabled)?

No, we have patched the kernel do disable the hardware FPU emulation, which
was actually the issue, because musl setjmp MIPS-specific code tried to access
Cop1 registers. After patching setjmp not to access these it works flawlessly
on MIPS (big-endian) but MIPS (little-endian) still segfaults while being
executed either from the kernel or qemu-mipsel.

> At present, musl/mips relies on certain
> instructions that the kernel  ordinarily emulates when they aren't
> supported.

You mean ll/sc right? I build for MIPS32r2 so this should not be an issue.
--
Florian