Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 21:10:33 +0100
From: Florian Fainelli <florian@...nwrt.org>
To: openwrt-devel@...ts.openwrt.org, musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Support for musl libc in OpenWrt

Hi All,

Support for musl libc in OpenWrt has been added in revision r34314, this
was tested against:

- X86 in VirtualBox
- X86_64 with UML
- ARM with the realview target

Note that the following issues are known:

- unable to complete libstdc++ build due to some missing declarations (WIP)
- MIPS and MIPSel ports are not functionnal (details below)
- PowerPC has not been tested at all due to lack of hardware/emulation
target

I did not try yet to compile our entire set of packages besides the one
pre-selected in trunk, so you will certainly encounter some breakage due
to musl being more strict about header inclusions and declarations than
uClibc and (e)glibc.

Have fun!
--
MIPS and MIPSel specific issues:

using qemu's binary emulation (qemu-mips[el]) against a statically
linked binary works, a dynamic binary makes my host qemu segv. Using
qemu-system-mips[el], the binary segfaults while being executed by the
kernel. So far I have not had the time to debug this further.
--
Florian